When children start school, their mastery of numeracy and literacy fundamentals is the most important factor in predicting subsequent academic achievement. Math learning begins at home, in the preschool years, and bedtime math is as important as bedtime stories.
The 188 images shown in the MATHnimals Preschool Math Games Book were specially designed to help parents (as well as mentors, caregivers, and preschool & kindergarten teachers) teach young children:
- Numbers from 0 to 20 as quantities and symbols.
- To count to 20 with 80 popular animals.
- The basics of addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- How to identify, sort, categorize and compare numbers and animals.
The goal is to develop the following in children, in a fun and educational way:
- Math and logic skills.
- Problem-solving and memory skills.
- Attention and concentration skills.
- Language and social skills.